I am a feminist. I reject wholeheartedly the way we are taught to perceive women…the beauty of women, how a woman should act, or behave. Women are strong and fragile. Women are beautiful and ugly. We are soft-spoken and loud. All at once. There is something mind controlling about the way we’re taught to view women. And my work is, both visually and musically, a rejection of all those things. So perhaps we can make women’s rights trendy.
- Lady Gaga on Feminism [x]
your friend is winning at life
oh no you dont understand
this is an entire art form
the motorcycle and mary poppins are by Shigeo Fukuda, who does a lot of shadow sculpture
(not sure about these last two tho)
i love this kind of art
I think it needs so much overthinking about what things to use and how to positionate them…
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapters make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.”